Feature Request: Nibs

I love the work that you’ve done on Fountain Pen Companion (so much so that I did become a pateron).

I’ve recently started buying “extra” nibs, some custom ground. It would be nice to have a way to track “extra” or “spare” nibs, and be able to associate them with a particular pen.

So, like “my pens” and “my inks” you would have “my nibs” and those nibs could be “attached” to a pen, almost like currently inked pairs a pen in my collection with an ink in my collection. Maybe a currently nibbed? (lol)

I could see fields such as “type” i.e. Bock / JoWo / Schmidt etc., “grind” i.e. Architect, Stub, EF, F, M, B, BB, etc., possibly “flow” i.e. wet / dry / etc.

2 Likes

That’s something that’s coming (eventually). It’s a bit bigger though, as I haven’t yet thought it through fully. It’s a feature that not everyone will be using so it would need to be done in a way that doesn’t get in the way, i.e. if you don’t care you can just continue entering nibs the way it’s being done right now.

1 Like

When you get closer to doing this, if you want someone to bounce ideas off of, I’d be happy to give feedback.

1 Like