Fountain pen friendly legal pad

Hey all!

I am looking for a fountain pen friendly legal pad to go into my padfolio. Any recommendations?

1 Like

The Rhodia No 18 is the best legal pad I’ve found for fountain pens. You can find it on Amazon and other stationary sellers.

2 Likes

Rhodia are excellent agreed. The #19 pad A4+ is my favorite as it’s almost the full sized historical legal pad. This is the only size that you can also buy with lined yellow paper besides all the others which are white and lined, graph, dot, blank.

1 Like

I haven’t tried their legal pads specifically but after searching for inexpensive notebook paper, a lot of people online recommended “Caliber” brand which can be found in the US at CVS pharmacies. I

However, it’s VERY important to check and make sure they are the ones made in Vietnam (which seems to be the place for cheap, FP-friendly paper these days).

In addition to Caliber brand, I’ve picked up several “made in Vietnam” cheaper brands of spiral bound & smaller sized notebooks and they’re not bad at all - relatively smooth, minimal ghosting and I’ve had no feathering.
Also great for the budget minded like me!

However, like most paper not sold explicitly for fountain pen use, it works best with EF and F nibs to minimize ghosting if that would be an issue for you.

1 Like

I have heard good things about the Rhodia paper. Because of the coating on the paper I am worried about dry time for ink. I am a lefty and have concerns about smearing. My hand does not drag very much, but especially when I am writing quickly it becomes a concern.

1 Like

Some have used the Levenger brand with success. Sorry I’m not much help.