How many pens do you honestly use in 1 day

I have mostly paired down to 2 pens, and really most days I only use my Parker Jotter rollerball in a day. Do you really use the pens you carry.

2 Likes

I do! Iā€™ve got eight fountain pens currently inked and I always have a Uni-ball Vision Micro with me. I rotate my fountain pen use for journaling. I also use them for taking notes or writing out a to-do list for the day.

3 Likes

I try not to ink up more than 3 fountain pens at a time. There are days when I donā€™t use pens at all. However it happens regularly that I use 2 pens or sometimes even all 3 on the same day. Plus maybe a 4th one lying around somewhere in the kitchen to scribe a shopping list. I donā€™t hate ballpoints per se, I just actively avoid using them at all, though there are always a few around.

1 Like

I try not to ink up more than 3 fountain pens at a time. There are days when I donā€™t use pens at all. However it happens regularly that I use 2 pens or sometimes even all 3 on the same day.

Exact same here. I do use currently inked pens regularly, but I do have quite a few I havenā€™t used because Iā€™m waiting for currently inked ones to be used up. I also like ballpoint, gel pens, etc., and have more of those than I need, too.

2 Likes

Sometimes 1, sometimes 4 depends on what Iā€™m doing.

2 Likes

Every day I use one pen for writing, and around 2-6 pens for drawing. All this occurs at home. I do not generally carry a pen out of the house.

1 Like

I usually have 5-6 pens inked at all times but I honestly only use 2 a day and rotate.

I usually have 9 inked, and will use 5 or 6 over the course of a typical day. I keep them in different stations around the house. Planner, work desk, writing station, bedroom, purse, car, and a few more spots.

1 Like

These days I use two for my work BuJo. One for the headers (normally a stub) and one for normal writing. Depending on the day I then use a third pen for journaling. If I do some letter writing then all bets are off and I use EVERYTHING. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I try to give as many pens as possible my ā€œattentionā€, meaning, I often may use anywhere from 2-5 pens during the day. I have a large assortment of inked pens in my living room on a coffee table next to my couch, and I like to try out the latest new or favorite pensā€¦ On my person, I always have 2 Kaweco Sport pens in my Jeans pocket, and 3 different full sized pens in my carry pouch. I often also pick a couple of extra pens to take into the office for the day and give them some special ā€œattentionā€ too.
Although I work in the computing world, high-tech, and am in front of a computer all day, I still prefer to take meeting notes, and research notes by hand-writing with my fountain pens. Different nib sizes and types add interest to my day!
Variety is the spice of life!!

2 Likes

I use 2 pens a day.
1- For the color of the day in my journal for high lighted event, quotes and misspells.
2- Black ink for my entries, rambles, brain dumps.
I have a dedicated ink for each pen and I refuse to change it.
If I add another color I have to get a new pen for that color :upside_down_face: Gives me a reason to buy a new pen :shushing_face: Thatā€™s our little secret ok.

1 Like

Probably about 10. I use several in my daily journal, plus write work notes with different pens & ink to separate out different meetings, and have a to-do list, assorted correspondence and so on.

I also use preppy markers with ink in them as highlighters, to mark notes, cross off to-do items, etc.

I do gravitate to some favourites but I do like to switch around.

1 Like

I have many pens inked at any given time, and they sit on my office desk, coffee table, as well as 3 in my carry pouch and 2 pocket pens in my jean pocket. So. on any typical day, I use as many as 5 pens to take notes at work, make lists, annotate articles I am reading, etc.

Usually just one, but I always have several inked. I have a page-a-day diary that I write in with a different color ink each day.

I canā€™t seam to keep less than 15 pens inked. I carry 2/3 a day, either at home or at office

1 Like

Inked: 4-5
Daily carry: 2-3
Used in a day: 2-3

I write and journal regularly, usually bouncing between 2 pens. A third or fourth comes into play if Iā€™m editing or proofreading ā€” I keep a designated red ink pen inked ā€” and a ā€˜funā€™ pen with a bolder nib or ink when I feel like accenting something. I also keep a pocket pen at the ready.

1 Like