Issues after site upgrade

Hi all,

I upgraded the site this weekend, and it seems there are some issues with the new version.

First of all, all the posts and images are there, nothing got lost, and there are backups of everything.
But it seems that some images are not shown in the posts.
I made some progress fixing this, but I’ll need more time to completely fix it.

Second, I noticed that while I think you can navigate directly to all or most posts, some categories, like Meetups, can’t be opened.

I try to fix both in the next couple of issues.

If you notice any other issues, please let me know!

1 Like

Some news, the Meetup category issues is caused by a plugin (Event Plugin).
The following two 3rd party plugins produce some warnings/errors in the logs:

I think I’ll have to remove these plugins, but since these are almost exclusively used in meetup posts, and those are not very frequent nowadays, and mostly created by me, I will remove them this weekend the earliest.
I try to find a way to fix the issues until then, since they are nice to have.

I think I can fix the issues with the pictures with some admin commands, but will experiment with those in the dev version a bit also.
I think only some images aren’t restored yet, and new uploads should be okay.

On the plus side I now have a dev version of, and can make a dev versions of the site in the future, so I think I will do so before future updates.
I also learned how do some admin tasks in the backend
On the negative side, it seems I can’t escape DevOps even in my hobbies. :smiley:

1 Like

Was it intentional that the Community link disappeared from the home page? Or did I just imagine that? I haven’t been on in a while so I might have missed something. I had to dig up an old email with the link in it.

Anyone? What am I missing? I thought you could get to the “Community” off the homepage. I’m still digging up an old email to link back in. I’m sure this is a dumb question with an obvious answer somehow? Don’t you think there would be more users if people that went to fountainpencompanion.com could see there there is a ‘community’ board? Somebody please tell me what obvious thing am I missing?
“Was it intentional that the Community link disappeared from the home page? Or did I just imagine that? I haven’t been on in a while so I might have missed something. I had to dig up an old email with the link in it.”

You are right, there used to be a Community link. I’ll ask @ujh on the Patreon forum about it.

Hi and sorry about the delay. I was on holiday most of August. :grimacing:

There might have been a reason for removing the link. Maybe the header got too crowded? I don’t remember. I’ll see if I can add it back.

2 Likes

The link is now back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! Thanks @ujh ! Loving the podcast with Brad, only about 2/3 of the way through it but so good to hear your work discussed and featured. Thank you Urban for all you do for us! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes