Lamy Candy Mango Fountain Pen

I just received this Lamy Mango pen and it is a lovely colour and with the Broad nib writes really well. Ink is the Sailor Manyo Yamabuki and is a perfect match. Not too dry that is why I bought the Broad nib to be sure there was decent flow. The notebook is Rhodia Goal Book and the lilac colour with the orange band is really wonderful, The notebook has dot grid paper and three ribbons and a pen loop as well… The layout is perfect for an annual diary and the whole package is really rather wonderful. Would make a lovely gift for someone as well. Only negative is that the pen body feels more like plastic and is quite light but overall not a problem. Also the clip matches the pen body and is a very nice touch. I am really pleased with this. I bought it all from Cult Pens with free shipping and they are excellent. .

2 Likes

Looks pretty. I like this one of the 2020 bunch the best :slight_smile: I tried to convince my younger daughter to have it as she likes Safaris, but she chose not to. She doesn’t hoard pens like his father :laughing: The pen goes nicely with the ink and the notebook. That purple and orange reminds me a bit of the colours of Tibetan monk’s robes :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing. I’ll keep that Sailor ink in mind.

Peter I like the Sailor ink better than the Lamy Mango. The Lamy is lighter and hard to read and the Sailor is darker and matches the pen really well. I will have to say that the pen feels a bit plastic and even though a lovely colour I might have liked a Al Star version better if they had done that.
I am now lusting over a Leonardo Momento Grande in a delicious aqua turquoise colour from Fontoplumo
in Delft. Gorgeous colour and I hope a smooth large #6 nib. Shippiing from the Netherlands to New Zealand seems a challenge at the moment and I do not know why. I am waiting on the Pelikan M200 Pastel Green from Fonto and am hopiing Dutch Post can ship soon as we are operating well here in NZ from what I can tell.

Hi @BarbaraNZ, The Momento Zero Grande pens are amazing. They are beatiful and I’m overjoyed at the performance of their steel nibs. Those nibs are so good and the pens look so gorgeous that it makes me question why should I ever buy expensive pens with gold nibs. Have you tried one? The Grande is considerably larger than a regular Momento Zero and has similar dimensions as the Visconti Homo Sapiens Oversize. Don’t get me wrong, it is a very comfortable pen and it’s light due to the materials being used, also the shape of the section provides a comfortable grip at various breadths but it is definitely not a 3776. I own a regular Blue Hawaii and a Grande Sand but I have a sneaking suspicion that I’m going to end up with more Leonardos further down the road :laughing:

BTW my two pens currently inked are a Momento Zero Grande Sand and a white Lamy Safari :slight_smile: My daughters had taken all my EF & F Lamy nibs so all I had was a 1.9mm stub. This was not practical for everyday use so I bought an F. Boy it needed adjustment! I haven’t ever made so many vigorous figure eights on micro mesh & mylar paper :grin: Other than this I’m chuffed to bits to use my Safari again, she was out of rotation for more than 2 years.