My new Diplomat Aero, in a striking red color!

My newest pen! A dear, dear friend sent me a care package all the way from Cult Pens to my humble abode in Missouri, containing a brand new Diplomat Aero (first time I’ve seen one of these up close), along with some other goodies, like an Oxford Optik Black & Red notebook (also a first for me), a matching Faber Castell mechanical pencil, some REALLY cool swirly-red paper clips (useful bookmarkers, those!), some washi tapes (LOVE that bottom one), some Sheaffer Skrip red ink for them, and some other fun stuff! I absolutely had to share. :smile:

5 Likes

Now that red pen is gorgeous. I have the violet one and turquoise but that red is stunning. Just a wonderful pure red color. I have a Black and Red notebook too and I think that brand is underrated and not as widely known but should be. Even though I prefer dot grid I think I will look into a few more of those notebooks even thought they use lined paper mostly. Thanks for posting this! :wink:Barbara

2 Likes

Hi @JohnEdgar, The zeppelin shaped design is unique among the fountain pens and I’d love to have an Aero at one time. How do you like the medium nib? How is the section? Does the metal section feel slippery at all?

1 Like

I LOVE my Aero! I’ve got the Turquoise broad and it is such a smooth writer. That red is gorgeous! It looks like a true red, not orange or blue – is that accurate? I might have to splurge on a second one.

@petrisz I’m not who you asked but the grip section has a little bit of texture. Unless your hands are very greasy or sweaty I don’t think slipping would be an issue. It hasn’t been for me at least.

2 Likes

Hi @petrisz, The section is not slippery at all. You do notice the step-down a bit, but it’s not uncomfortable. The medium nib is remarkable! Wet and polished smoothly. I like the all metal (aluminum?) construction; it feels solid and well made, especially when you unscrew the barrel to get to the converter. You can tell that there was some pretty precise machining done in the threads. :smiley: The medium nib is a bit like a “Medium/Broad”, and lays down a nice solid line!

1 Like

It is indeed a true red! It looks great with the grey/titanium clip & grip section. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Barbara!! You’re welcome! I am amazed at how great this pen is. And yes indeed, it would seem that the Black & Red notebooks are under-rated. I’ve always been a fan of ruled/lined notebooks, and I’m increasingly warming up to the thinner, soft-cover ones since they’re handy (especially in the A5 size: my favorite!) for a sort of “single subject” journal or notebook, but you can’t beat the dot grid ones for “bullet journaling” or making your own planners. :smile: Cheers!!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Between monitor settings and rando photos it’s so difficult to know for sure! Appreciate you saying so (other than adding another want to my pen list).

1 Like

Nice! Enjoy your goods. That red is sure pretty! I worry that the aero is a bit heavy for my needs but I know a lot of folks love it!

1 Like