Platinum #3776 Kumpoo

i have 13 of 3776s and one nakaya. only one 3776 can be called scratchy, but it’s from the old stock (from the time when they didn’t have slip and seal cap). platinum nibs are very consistent for my taste, while having recognisable feedback.

@tedspens , could it be the case that you more sensitive to that feedback? if i may, i’d advise to try a pilot gold nib. those for sure are not scratchy at all :slight_smile:

I actually don’t like any feedback. So, it may be me and not the nib. Thank you for your advice about the gold nib.

Urban I just figured out how to even comment and was drawn to this topic because Mate in Budapest just got me the Kumpoo here in June 2019 and I am thrilled. I have more Platinum pens than anything else and have never had a problem with a nib. They are wonderful. My Soft Medium is not as firm as the others but it is a fine writer. The colour of this Kumpoo is gorgeous and Mate is getting me a Shungyo as well. Pennonia in Budapest has been so helpful and thanks for getting him on the Podcast. The new 3776 Rokka is coming out in July 2019 and will be a great addition to the series. Barbara

Oh dear I may have bought the last one in the world through Mate in Budapest. I have wanted a way to talk to you and Urban has my email address. I love my Kumpoo and did get the Soft Medium nib which is my first. It is not as firm as other Platinum nibs are but writes well and I am happy. I love Platinum pens and have heaps of 3776’s and still buying. If you can get a 3776 Rokka which is this year’s series edition at least you can try the SM. The Rokka is in clear white with texture and Goulet will have it on their site right now. Thanks for your love of pens and all you do on the Podcast. I have listened to all of them twice! Barbara

1 Like

Kym…not sure of your name or who you are but that is fine. I am in New Zealand but love this site and people who talk about Platinums. And that you have 13 of the wonderful 3776’ made me feel so good as I have ten now and more to come. It is my favourite pen and I have lots of different companies that have lovely pens and the Pilot Custom 74 is a strong competitor but I do favour the 3776. I must say I have lots of Plaisirs, Balance, and Cools but after the 3776 I have not ventured. Love your avatar by the way.

1 Like

@BarbaraNZ I’m still envious that you found a kumpoo :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes that Kumpoo was such a good decision. I love the soft medium nib and the colour of the pen is amazing. I cannot believe I have ten 3776’s, it probably is my favourite pen and then the PIlot 74… Again I am so glad you are here in this forum. B