Super pale ink suggestions?

Hi fellow Ink Fans!

I’m looking for suggestions for some super pale inks for drawing with. Something so pale you almost certainly wouldn’t want to write with it. Inks like that are hard to find information on, because most people aren’t choosing them, but perhaps you know just what ink i should try.

I’d love to find pale blue, brown, and grey in particular. Preferably non-shimmer, since this would be a foundation color, to be built on top of. Also because shimmer inks tend to be streakier, and i want to scribble a larger area with a fude nib, so I’d like the strokes to meld together. Shading inks are great, it doesn’t seem to be the shading that makes shimmer inks streak.

Thanks for any recommendations you’d like to make!

Laura

1 Like

Sorry to be so late to the boards but you should look at Ferris Wheel Press inks. many of them are super pale. For example check out the site ‘Mountain of Ink’ or google to find swatches of ‘FWP Sweet Honeydew’, ‘Little Robinia’, ‘Cream of Earl Grey’ or ‘Strawberry Macaroon’.

Also Ink Institute makes some pale one like ‘Misty Lake’ or ‘Moonshine’.
There’s others too. Poke around at the color families she lists on the website and you are bound to find some you’d like to try. Have fun!

1 Like

Thanks, BrooklynBeka!
Those are almost all new to me, i appreciate the tips!