What are you using today?

I’m finally down to just one inked pen. A PenBBS 323 with a Jinhao fude nib so that I can write it dry in a reasonable amount of time.

2 Likes

Currently inked:

This Homo Sapiens is really growing on me :slight_smile: I started to fall out of love with the Opus 88 Demonstrator, but this Bock Ti nib has spiced up the writing experience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the Opus 88 pens @petrisz. If only they could get over their obsession with cap threads, they would be perfect.

1 Like

A friend of mine bought an Opus 88 Demo to use it in the kitchen for jotting down shopping list and so on. She inspired me to buy this pen but I soon realised that this is not the pen for taking quick notes needing 3 full turns to remove the cap :smiley: On the plus side: the nib doesn’t dry out fast :slight_smile:

My currently inked pen (yes, it’s singular :smile: but not for long :smiling_imp:) is this gorgeous Twiss Hybrid Wood-Epoxy Resin pen with a Jowo EF steel nib. The wood looks just amazing and it goes really well with the dark-purple resin and the glistering blueish-silverish-purplish Mica powder in it.

The ink of my choice is Robert Oster Summer Storm which was generously gifted to me by @dragorsi :pray:

The papers are Endless Recorder Notebook (Tomoe River 68 gsm) and Clo-o-ring Ink testing book.

The 2nd pen I inked is this vintage Mabie Todd Swann 0160. This has a merry singing 14k flex nib :slight_smile:

I wanted to use an ink that shades nicely when I flex the nib. Since this pen has an ink sac the ink should also behave well & be easy to clean. I went with the Kaweco Paradise Blue I got from my Secret Santa, @vgorcz (:pray: thanks again!).

3 Likes

Very pretty writing and pen, @petrisz! I’m glad to see that you like it - and that it matches the satin bookmark and elastic band :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been to @fontoplumo and bought this beautiful Fine Writing Bronze Age Brass. The brass cap and the engraving look beautiful and go well with this saturated blue Colorverse Supernova (thank you @dragorsi) . The pen has a Jowo steel nib and writes well. The package includes a converter but can be used as an eyedropper as well.

2 Likes

I love the uncomplicated, simple yet refined aesthetics of the King of Pen Ebonite and the nib is absolutely amazing.

1 Like

I have about 15 pens currently inked, so I’'ll just go with what I’m currently using… A 1959 Parker 51 aerometric, Forest Green Custom medium nib inked with Waterman’s Mysterious Blue, and Jinhao X450 Green marble medium nib inked with Parker Penman Mocha (an increasingly rare ink discontinued 20 years ago).

This particular demonstration is on a Rhodia No.12 premium ivory blank pocket notepad. My usual desk notepad is the No.16 premium ivory blank pad. My vertical bound notebooks of choice are the Clairefontaine A4 duo books and the A5 journals that cost about $4 from Kmart. lol

1 Like

Hi Everybody!
Nowadays I am using my Namisu IXION aluminium fountain pen. Fine nib with Diamine turquoise ink.

2 Likes

Looks pretty :smiley_cat: I like the colour and the faceted cap.

More than anything else I’ve been writing letters today with this!

2 Likes

@Sk8rcruz Beautiful pen! Thanks for sharing and welcome to FPC :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pen: Luoshi Labyrinth
Ink: Visconti Turquoise
Paper: Rhodia

5 Likes

oooh, i love your handwriting! so neat

2 Likes

Today I’m using Pilot Vanishing Point in a Broad nib with Pelikan Edelstein-Topaz Blue.

1 Like

Hi @MW90, Welcome Monica, it’s great to have you here.

Nice Vanishing Point, I like its colour :slight_smile: This is a Decimo, right?

1 Like

Thank you! Yes it’s a Decimo…How can you recognize it from the Pilot Vanishing Point?

Proportions. The Decimo is thinner. But I was not sure, because I’ve never tried one. I think the retractable mechanism of the Vanishing Point is interesting and they come in all kind of nice colours, even in amazing radens, but somehow I never got to buy one.

Today my partners in crime are my Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Sand with Graf von Faber-Castell Burned Orange, my white Lamy Safari with Diamine Enchanted Ocean and William Blake.

2 Likes