Site Maintenance/Upgrade

Hi Everybody,

I will update the site again this Sunday morning (2020-03-22), there will be a couple of hours of downtime.

1 Like

The upgrade is complete!

1 Like

Hi Everybody,

I will update the site again this Sunday morning (2020-06-28), there will be a couple of hours of downtime.

1 Like

The upgrade is complete!

1 Like

I’ve noticed a problem with the site logo on the top, the image does not load. Opening the image in a new window navigates to https://fpc-discourse-backup.s3.dualstack.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/1X/d958b2ac49ef38c873afd7a32fdb3668eed684bc.png

The HTTP request returns with 403 - Forbidden status code and the following body:

<Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>8CD3126D214AF348</RequestId>
    <HostId>dJmT8hpCoOtk/NTX7XNKSL6lYPUVOlzwC7/rAD845+KTGH71pqWhvm7q52okO0zinvmZ51PDr1w=</HostId>
</Error>

Update: Other images are missing as well, see for example the posts in this thread: What are you using today? (I get the a similar 403 reply)

Also maybe some cache has been cleared as my avatar was a default image until I resynced mine from Gravatar on my profile page. I see that you @danielb have this default image too.

Thanks for noticing and sorry!

The script did a DB upgrade, but I didn’t see any error, I’ll investigate, and try to fix it today!

No worries, I just wanted to help :slight_smile:

The pictures are there, just got moved or were expected in the wrong folder after the update. I made some progress, but I think still not all pics are displayed.
I also found another issue:

Being a site admin is really “fun”!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hang on in there @danielb :slight_smile:

@danielb thanks for all you do for us. It’s been fun hearing your enthusiasm for the site when it comes up on the podcast.

Wait… I’m mixing you guys up aren’t I! It’s @ujh who started fpc right? Geez… I should pay better attention. :thinking:

Ha ha. Yes, I’m behind fpc.ink and sometimes I even get everyone to meet up (virtually) to do a podcast. :stuck_out_tongue: Daniel is doing this forum though and he’s organizing the Budapest meetups and buys all the pens. :grimacing:

Well, not all the pens :wink:

I have some new info about the bugs:

Some minor issues are still there, and I will resolve them this week.

Well thanks @ujh and @danielb for all you are doing for us fountain pen enthusiasts!

1 Like

Hi, I will disable the two plugins tomorrow (2020-07-05) morning, and restore the remaining images.
The site might not be fully available for a couple of hours.

I disabled the two plugins, and also fixed the images.
I had to fix the images by hand, so if you see some problems let me know.

Thank you @danielb. It sounds painfully tedious. I hope things will go smoothly for you with the next updates.

1 Like

Not sure where to post this but I wondered is it possible to allow entries for pens currently inked with included cartridge? I don’t always know what ink they are.
Just a suggestion, thanks again for this lovely site!

Hi Everybody,

I will update the site again this Sunday morning (2021-04-11), there will be a couple of hours of downtime.

1 Like

The upgrade is complete!

1 Like